Kidney stones are entities responsible for the excruciating pains in the lower abdomen known as renal colic.
They are commonly seen in males. Multiple causations ranging from simple dehydration and certain dietary excesses to infections and metabolic diseases, lead to varied types of renal stones.
Certain foods may promote stone formation in people who are susceptible. This stone formation is enhanced when there is increased intake of calcium, calcium oxalate, uric acid or salt in our diet, with an inadequate intake of fluids. A positive family history (genetic tendency) also makes a person prone to kidney stone formation.
Certain foods that increase the risk for kidney stone formation in susceptible individuals include: Spinach, rhubarb, chocolate, peanuts, cocoa, beet, coffee, cola, nuts, strawberries, tomato juice, grapefruit juice, apple juice, soda (acidic and contains phosphorus), all types of tea, and berries.
- Severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs
- Pain that spreads to the lower abdomen and groin
- Pain that comes in waves and fluctuates in intensity
- Pain on urination
- Pink, red or brown urine
- Cloudy or foul-smelling urine
- Nausea and vomiting
- Persistent need to urinate
- Urinating more often than usual
- Fever and chills if an infection is present
- Urinating small amounts of urine
Homeopathic treatment for Kidney stones regularizes the functions of the kidneys and helps in flushing out waste products appropriately.
For more information do visit: Homeopathy Clinic in Lucknow, Delhi, Mumbai