Alopecia Areata is a condition where there is a hair loss from a particular part of the body.It is an autoimmune disorder in which the hair follicles are damaged by our own immune system and mostly affects the scalp. It is present in both males and females. The male and female ratio is 1.4:1.
Causes of Alopecia Areata?
Alopecia Areata is considered to be an auto-immune condition in which the immune system of the body (which protects the body from bacteria, viruses, allergens, etc.) mistakenly attacks the hair follicles and destroys them. This leads to hair loss in the affected area.
Symptoms of Alopecia Areata
- Excessive hair loss in small, round patches, usually in short period of time
- May affect scalp, eyebrows, eyelashes, beard or moustache
- Single or multiple bald (hairless) spots
- Underlying skin usually looks normal
- Generalized thinning of hair referred as diffused Alopecia Areata over the scalp.
- Complete loss of hair all over the scalp – Alopecia Totalis
- Extensive hair loss all over the body – Alopecia Univarsalis.
- Scarred Alopecia Areata: Any patch of Alopecia which has a scar formation.
For more information about Alopecia Areata please visit Best Homeopathy Clinic in Lucknow, Mumbai, Delhi today.