Anal fissures, also medically called as Fissure-in-ano, is nothing but a painful conditions where there is a longitudinal cut on the skin of anus. Due to friction or scratch or trauma, there may be a cut or fissure formation. Males, females including adults as and children may get affected with Fissure-in- ano.
Most common cause of the fissure-in-ano is constipation. Chronic constipation due to any reason (such as due to lifestyle, habitual, drug induced, due to pregnancy, etc.) leads to recurring abrasion or forceful rubbing of the anal mucous, which leads to a fissure. The current theory also suggests that sphincter spasm and accompanying ischemia may precipitate the development of fissures and prevent them from healing in some people. The other less common causes can be
- Following a bout of diarrhea or following passage of bulky or hard stools (especially in children)
- Multiple pregnancies
- Chronic use of purgatives
- Rarely, a fissure may be the manifestation of underlying disease e.g. Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, sexually transmitted disease, or cancer.
- Wrongly performed operation for piles
Pain while passing motions:
- Severe anal spasm (as a protective reflex)
- Hard stool may cause friction on the wall of anus giving blood streaked stool. There may be frank bleeding after passing stool, which is likely to be bright red in color.
- Itching, Discharge, swelling are common symptoms of chronic fissures.
Fissure-in-ano (anal fissures) finds an excellent treatment with homeopathy. Most cases heal with medicines and surgery can be avoided.
Call at +91-961-638-5385 / +91-941-500-7203. Or visit: FISSURE IN ANO treatment clinic in Mumbai