Migraine headaches can cause throbbing in one particular area that can vary in intensity. Nausea and sensitivity to light and sound are also common symptoms.
Preventive and pain-relieving medications can help manage migraine headaches.
Symptoms of Migraine Headache:
- People may experience:
- Pain areas: in the face or neck
- Pain types: can be dull
- Headache: can be acute, frequent, severe, or throbbing
- Whole body: dizziness, light-headedness, or malaise
- Sensory: aura, pins and needles, or sensitivity to sound
- Visual: blurred vision, distorted vision, or sensitivity to light
- Gastrointestinal: nausea or vomiting Also common: irritability, nasal congestion, or scalp tenderness